- B. Boyd, D. Jarrahbashi, “A numerical study of the transcritical shock-droplet interaction”, Physical Review Fluids, 6 (11), 113601, 2021.
- S. Shariatnia, A. Asadi, D. Jarrahbashi, “Experimental Analysis of Temperature Effects in Supercritical-Assisted Atomization”, Physics of Fluids, 10 (33), 2021.
- S. Shariatnia, P. Jangale, R. Mishra, A. Asadi, D. Jarrahbashi. “Nanoparticle Spray Deposition
through Supercritical CO2 Assisted Atomization”, Cellulose, In press
- B. Boyd, D. Jarrahbashi, “A Diffuse-interface Method for Reducing Spurious Pressure Oscillations in Multicomponent Transcritical Flow Simulations”, Computers & Fluids, 104924, 2021.
- S. Shariatnia, A. Asadi, D. Jarrahbashi. “Experimental Analysis of Supercritical-Assisted Atomization”, Physics of Fluids, 33 (1), 013314, 2021.
- R. Mishra, D. Jarrahbashi, “Three-Phase Multi-Fluid Modeling of Pseudo-Cavitation Phenomenon in Diesel Injector Nozzles”, International Journal of Engine Research, 2021, doi:10.1177/1468087421993348.
- E. Haque, S. Shariatnia, T. J. Jeong, D. Jarrahbashi, A. Asadi, T. Harris, R. J. Moon, Kyriaki Kalaitzidou. “Scalable Coating Methods for Enhancing Glass Fiber-Epoxy Interactions with Cellulose Nanocrystals” Cellulose, 28.8, 4685-4700, 2021.
- S. Shariatnia, A. Veldanda, S. Obeidat, D. Jarrahbashi, A. Asadi, “Atomization of cellulose nanocrystals aqueous suspensions in fused deposition modeling: A scalable technique to improve the strength of 3D printed polymers”, Composites Part B: Engineering, 107291, 2019.
- Y. Wang, S. Taghizadeh, A. S. Karichedu, W. D Kulatilaka, D. Jarrahbashi, “Piloted Liquid Spray Flames: A Numerical and Experimental Study” , Combustion Science and Technology, 1-23, 2019.
- M. Caccia, M. Tabandeh-Khorshid, G. Itskos, A. R. Strayer, A. S. Caldwell, S. Pidaparti, S. Singnisai, A. D. Rohskopf, A. M. Schroeder, D. Jarrahbashi, T. Kang, S. Sahoo, N. R. Kadasala, A. Marquez-Rossy, M. H. Anderson, E. Lara-Curzio, D. Ranjan, A. Henry & K. H. Sandhage , “Ceramic–metal composites for heat exchangers in concentrated solar power plants”, Nature, 562, 406–409, 2018.
- S. Taghizadeh and D. Jarrahbashi, “Proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of turbulent cryogenic liquid jet injection under transcritical and supercritical conditions”, Atomization & Sprays, 28(10), 875–900, 2018.
- D. Jarrahbashi, W. A. Sirignano, P. P. Popov, F. Hussain, “Numerical simulation of liquid round jet atomization”, Physical Review Fluids, 2(9), 090504, 2017 (Invited Article).
- D. Jarrahbashi, S. Kim, C. L. Genzale, Benjamin W. Knox, “Computational Analysis of End-of-Injection Transient and Its Effects on Combustion Recession”, International Journal of Engine Research, 18(10), pp.1088-1110, 2017.
- D. Jarrahbashi, S. Kim, C. L. Genzale, “Simulation of Combustion Recession after End-of-Injection at Diesel Engine Conditions”, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 139(10), p.102804, 2017.
- S. Kim, D. Jarrahbashi, C. L. Genzale, “The Role of Turbulent-Chemistry Interaction in Simulating End-of-Injection Combustion Transients in Diesel Sprays”, SAE Technical Paper, 2017-01-0838.
- D. Jarrahbashi, W. A. Sirignano, P. P. Popov, F. Hussain, “Early Spray Development at High Pressure: Hole, Ligament and Bridge Formations”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 792, pp. 186-231, 2016.
- D. Jarrahbashi, S. R. Sandeep, D. Ranjan, “Nucleation of Super-Critical Carbon Dioxide in a Venturi”, Nuclear Engineering & Design, 103, 69-82, 2016.
- D. Jarrahbashi and W. A. Sirignano, “Vorticity Dynamics for Transient High-Pressure Liquid Injection”, Physics of Fluids, 26 (10), 101304, 2014 (Invited Article).
- R. Ghodsi, M. Taeibi-Rahni, M. Ramezanizadeh, and D. Jarrahbashi, “Simulation of 3D turbulent Jet-into-Crossflow, Using Hybrid LES/URANS Approach”, Aerospace Mechanics Journal, 7(35), pp. 39-52, 2011.
- M. Darbandi, S. O. Torabi, M. Saadat, Y. Daghighi, D. Jarrahbashi, “A Moving Mesh Finite-Volume Method to Solve Free-Surface Seepage Problem in Arbitrary Geometries”, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 31(14), pp.1609-1629, 2007.
Refereed Conference Papers
- S. Taghizadeh and D. Jarrahbashi, “Proper orthogonal decomposition analysis of turbulent cryogenic liquid jet injection under transcritical and supercritical conditions”, ICLASS 2018, 14th Triennial International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Chicago, IL, July 2018.
D. Jarrahbashi, S. R. Pidaparti, T. Kang, D. Ranjan “Computational Analysis of Cermet Heat Exchangers for CSP Applications at High-Temperatures” 6th International Supercritical CO2 Power Cycles Symposium, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 2018.
- Pidaparti, T. Kang, D. Jarrahbashi, D. Ranjan, “Thermal-Hydraulic Performance of Prototypic Printed Circuit Heat Exchanger for the Supercritical CO2 Brayton Power Cycles”, Proceedings of the 2nd Thermal and Fluid Engineering Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April 2016.
- D. Jarrahbashi, K. Sayop, C. L. Genzale, “Simulation of Combustion Recession after End-of-Injection at Diesel Engine Conditions”, ASME-ICEF, Greenville, NC, October 2016.
- Pidaparti, D. Jarrahbashi, D. Moreno, M. Anderson, D. Ranjan, “Unusual Heat Transfer Characteristics of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Flow” ASME’s International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE), Houston, TX, November 2015.
- Taeibi-Rahni, M. Ramezanizadeh, S. R. Ghodsi, and D. Jarrahbashi, “Computational Simulation of Three-dimensional Turbulent Jet into Crossflow using LES/RANS Approach and Parallel Processing” 9th Conference of Iranian Aerospace Society, Tehran, Iran, February 2010.
- D. Jarrahbashi, M. Taeibi-Rahni, Kh. Javadi, “A URANS Approach for Simulating Pulsed Jet Film Cooling on a Flat Plate” 7th Conference of Iranian Aerospace Society, Tehran, Iran, February 2008.
- Darbandi, G. E. Schneider, Y. Daghighi, D. Jarrahbashi, “Flow Through Two-Block and Nonlinear Earthen Dams Using an Explicit Moving Domain Finite Volume Method” CFD 2007 (15th Annual Conference of the CFD Society of Canada), Toronto, Canada, May 2007.
- Darbandi, Y. Daghighi, D. Jarrahbashi, “Flow through Earth Dam with Heterogeneous Soil Profile: A Moving Mesh Finite Volume Approach” ICCM (International Conference on Computational Methods), Hiroshima, Japan, April 2007.
- Darbandi, Y. Daghighi, D. Jarrahbashi, “A Moving Mesh Finite Volume Simulation of Flow through Porous Media with Random Permeability” 9th international CFD conference by the ICFD (The Institute for Computational Fluid Dynamics), Reading, U.K., March 2007.